Friday, September 6, 2013

It's not chaos to Jesus

Crazy!

That's pretty much the summation of how my life feels on a daily basis right now.  And no, it's not crazy in the impending doom kind of way either.  My lovely wife, Brandy, is beautiful and blesses me ceaselessly, our house is fun and provides a great man-cave, and most of all:  God is showing up in my life consistently!

But,

In all of the blessings, I still struggle with direction pretty constantly.

It's actually funny that I'm typing this a few days after an incredible youth retreat called Chrysalis, where I was blessed to lead music, because the Lord brought me a lot of peace and even some father-to-son reconciliation that was long coming.   But maybe that's what sets the framework for this post more than anything.  After seeing God take my weakness, along with the weakness of the rest of the retreat staff, and make a beautiful, life-changing weekend spring from it, I know He's in control.

Even something as scary as healing my relationship with my earthly father, God took it in beautiful stride last weekend.  Praise Him!!!

So, as to not just keep typing indefinitely, I really want to jump to my main point.

IN ALL THE CRAZINESS OF LIFE, NOTHING IS OUT OF GOD'S PLAN AND CONTROL!

That thought floors me, literally while we prayed this weekend.  The King of the universe has a plan for me and works all things together for the GOOD of those that love Him and call Him Abba, which essentially means 'daddy'.

As some of you know, I am a "starving artist" currently, touring and playing shows in TN and around the country (PA this weekend in fact).   And even though that's my dream job, thank Jesus, I've still been terrified in many moments about how I'm going to provide for my family.  BUT, that's the beauty of it:  GOD IS THE PROVIDER FOR MY FAMILY, NOT ME!

Sure, I need to lead and stand firm in God's calling, but on the bigger, more eternal scale, it's all God and His outpouring of love and provision that sustains my family at just the right moment.

My good friend Andrew Soreano, a missionary with his wife Dira in Mozambique, reminded me of how truly in control my King and Lord is over this life.  I should have nothing to fear, because God is that much more powerful than ANYTHING THE WORLD THROWS AT ME

Another buddy of mine, Vincent Charlow, prayed an encouraging word over me the other day regarding this Truth.  Vincent said that all the seemingly chaotic, unconnected things in my life were actually working to God's plan (whether or not I can see it daily).

What a blessing it is to have great brothers around me.  So,  I plan to pray hard, walk humbly, and daily look for Christ's little guidance tidbits so that I can step in time with His heart for my life.

Hope to see you on the road or at a church show.  Let's all seek the Lord in the TRUST that He's actually big enough to take us through to the end.  He's got a plan to prosper and not harm us.

Praise be to God,
---Grady Milligan
www.gradymilligan.bandcamp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment